You feel comfortable sharing your physical pain. However, when it comes to mental illness, you feel ashamed of opening up in front of others. There lies a stigma in society about mental health. Visiting psychiatrists and seeking mental health is considered taboo.
Considering mental health is as important as physical well-being, so there is nothing ashamed of it. However, you can find that the individuals dealing with mental health issues don’t open up from the fear of being judged and isolate themselves from society.
Thus, considering this, it becomes the duty of the friends and relatives to hold the initiative to provide health assistance. It helps them to lead their life healthily. The sooner you start the treatment sooner you get relief. Some medications and therapies help to ease your pain. Thus, outreach community health center, pharmacy assists the patients with medicines to lessen their pain. Here are some of the mental health issues explained below.
- Psychotic Disorders: If a person experiences delusions, hallucinations, disorganized speech, and disorganized behavior, you can say that the person is suffering from psychotic disorders. The person loses contact with reality, and anyhow, it starts affecting the feelings, thoughts, and behavior of the individual. Schizophrenia is a mental disorder with a long-term condition and complexity.
- Bipolar Disorder: Bipolar disorder is commonly known as manic depression, where the individual suffers from mania or hypomania. The individual undergoes from elevated high phase and depression phase. In mania person experiences high energy levels loaded with confidence in the high-mood time. However, in the depressive episode, the person experiences sadness and fatigue. So, the medicine and therapies are helpful in these patients.
- Anxiety Disorders: Every person experiences anxiety anyhow when anxiety level exceeds the limit of what you can manage, the anxiety disorders start. The person begins to worry and fear. Some individuals also experience panic attacks, and along with it, some experience phobias leading to a sudden anxiety response.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders: It is a type of anxiety disorder in which an individual has obsessive thoughts linked to fears. There can be either obsession, compulsion, or both. The general obsession lies with washing hands or other activities. It somehow makes them feel embarrassed amongst all. The Psychiatrists say that its cause is unknown but can be due to the reduction of serotonin in the brain.
- Depression: Depression the sudden feeling of sadness, anxiety, or emptiness. The person loses his interest in the routine activities he was ever interested in doing. So, a sense of pessimism and hopelessness starts. Genetics plays a significant role in causing depression. Along with it, depression is of various types, from extreme depression to psychotic depression, gets diagnosed according to the symptoms.
The treatment plays a significant role in removing the stigma of mental health. Along with medicines, therapies are also beneficial. The outreach community health center, pharmacy is assisting the patients with medications. So, get them treated earlier because the treatment success rate depends on how immediate their treatment starts from the onset of the symptoms.