Dot is the smallest speaker that belongs to Amazon’s Echo range of smart speakers. Dot is also the most popular Echo variant, all thanks to its highly compact design and reasonable price tag.
While it’s super easy to operate Echo speakers, sometimes you may come across the issue of registration failure error in Echo Dot. In this write-up, you will get to know what the Echo Dot registration error is and how to resolve it.
So, let’s get started.
What is Echo Dot Registration Error?
Echo Dot registration failure is an error, which arises when you are unable to register your Dot speaker with Amazon. It is a common error that you can troubleshoot by yourself.
Troubleshooting the Issue
If you tried registering your Echo device a couple of times using Alexa app and still getting registration failure error, then you need to make sure that:
- You have installed the latest software updates on your device
- Your Echo is not surrounded by other electronic gadgets
- Minimal obstructions are present between your Echo and Wi-Fi router
- You are registering your device with correct Amazon login credentials
- Your internet connection is working properly
After checking all the things listed above, you need to re-register your device by following the steps mentioned below:
1. Restart your Echo device
2. Reset your Dot speaker by pressing and holding its reset button for 5 seconds (Tip – You can use a paper clip to press the reset button)
3. Wait for the light ring on your Dot speaker to turn orange, which indicates it has entered the setup mode
4. Turn off your router for 1-2 minutes and then restart it
5. Open the Alexa echo dot app your smartphone and start with the registration process
Most Common Reasons for the Registration Error to Occur
Following are the common reasons that can cause registration error in Echo Dot speakers:
- Defected hardware
- The device is reported as stolen
- The serial number on the device is duplicate
Registration failure error in Echo Dot is a common issue that some users face while operating the smart speaker. If you are also going through this issue, then you can troubleshoot it by following some really easy steps discussed above.